Cappucino e Crema

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spiritwoodturner

S

spiritwoodturner

This is my first Coffee Bean blank. I can't thank those that provided so much help getting me off the ground with this medium! It's fun, it's art, it's scary, it's unpredictable-everything I wanted from this craft. Anyway, I thought I'd try to put a floater of crema on the top. I have to refine it more, but am happy with the first effort. Again, not my favorite kit for this blank, but I had a drawer full and will refine a bit before letting one go out on a date with an Emporer. Then if they like each other they can mate!

Anyway, criticism is neccessary, I'm just starting here. Got a LONGGGG way to go!!!

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments

• iap6.jpg
    iap6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 223
  • iap5.jpg
    iap5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Maker

That is a pretty cool looking cast you made there, which one of the kits did you dress it up with. I don't believe I seen that one before. Good Job! That's a tenon not a band right?

bitshird

All I can say is it's pretty, a little dark to me, but maybe that's because all of the others I've seen have been cast in a light color more like the top, but experimentation is the only true way to success, it's better than any of the coffee bean casting I've tried.

S

spiritwoodturner

PM, it's a CSUSA "Silver Bullet" Americana. I'm not usually wild about Americana's, but I sell a lot of these in deer antler. There's a band over a tenon. Thanks for the comments!

Ken, I was going for the actual color of cappucino with the darkness. Skye posted a pic of an actual drink, and by accident I got it almost perfect. My picture's not great (none of mine are!) but the contrast is pretty good. Any darker and they'd blend together. In reality, it's a light caramel color. I showed it at my local Starbucks and the district manager happened to be there, and said I should show them to Corporate! Let's see, they get 60%, and I get a bunch of ground coffee on the floor. I'll pass.

Thanks for the comments,

Dale

Top Bottom