Can't say I like turning this stuff!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I did my first True Stone Blue Lapis today. I can't say I enjoyed it. That is some hard stuff. I swear it was harder to turn down than my aluminum stock! Finished up fine.

I think I got a bum blank as far as some I've seen. Not as much Gold swirl as I've seen in others. Kinda cool I guess. Another one of those hard to photo pens too!

trustonelapisbaron.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CJ

Very nice. Does this material look like stone close up?

JimGo

James, I know what you mean about the pics; it is VERY hard to do this material justice! It seems like direct light just hides all the gold, and indirect light just makes everything look washed out.

Great job with the shape on the pen, if its any consolation! I've had several people tell me how much they like the lapis pens; enough that I'll be doing other materials, too.

elody21

I had trouble getting the blue lapis tru stone to show up on a photo also. I finally placed the pen with a black background and the blue popped! I guess the black soaked up the light so the blue would show! Nice pen! I am sure the blue looks beautiful in person!

Fangar

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Alice: That is a good idea. I will give it a go to see if it helps, especially for my website on this one.

Jim: I remember seeing your Tru Stone blue, and it had a tone more Gold swirl to it. I was hoping for more of that. This one still looks nice, but the blank did not turn out as nice as yours.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom