Can't judge a cat by it's stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

This "Graduate" pen found it's initial inspiration in the color and figuring within the Bocote wood blank that started this project. Gotta start somewhere! I just saw a Leopard...or Puma...or Ocelot, I dunnow, a big sleek cat. I added some "Leopard Jasper" Tru-Stone banding and then added thin slices of Tru-Stone Turquoise with black webbing and Black with white webbing for accents. A lot going on there, but it came together with an undeniable feline character. So thats a Gato!

Attachments

• GRADUATE-GATO - 170 kb.JPG
    GRADUATE-GATO - 170 kb.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Superb Segmentation, Brian.
Love your Material Choices and Placement, Great Fit and Proportions.
Excellent Joints.
Matches the Graduate Superbly.
Regrettably, I have a "Thing" about Hour Glass's.
Excellent Crafting.
Congratulations,
Brian.

LOIBLB

I'm new to pen turning and see new stuff every time I come on here. Tru-Stone looks like a product I would like to try.
Nice pen with lots of detail work

magpens

Lovely blending of colors and patterns !!!! . Congratulations !! . In my opinion, it altogether fits the shape, too !

bpgoldo

El Gato

I'm new to pen turning and see new stuff every time I come on here. Tru-Stone looks like a product I would like to try.
Nice pen with lots of detail work
Robert, Tru-Stone is a wonderful, detailed, and unique material to work. I get most of mine from Exotic Blanks. Great folks. Try it. Experiment, Risk. Be aware that it's various versions can be rather hard, so have the ability to sharpen your tools while you turn the piece....maybe several times during your shaping. Sharper is critical to it being a pleasant and successful process.

Top Bottom