Candy cane pen plus - have you done anything with a holiday theme?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Steve Busey

Steve Busey

Spun a "Candy Cane" pen for a holiday craft show at church yesterday. Had some ornaments & bottle stoppers, too.

What have you folks done with a holiday theme?

Holidays.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

What did you turn the pen out of?

Took some red and white acrylic blanks, cut them at an angle and CA'd them back together, then treated it as a normal blank. Put them on white tubes.

(bonus tip: you could match either half of the pen with a blue half and have a nice patriotic pen!)

Steve Busey

Does it smell like peppermint?

This is just red and white acrylic.

I wish there was a scented acrylic - my wife always complains about the smell when I turn acrylic pens! Flavored would be nice, too!

I suppose if someone was really ambitious, they could cast a real candy cane into PR or alumite, but I don't do casting, so that's out of my zone. Perhaps the seed has been planted here, though!

Skye

The stopper is sooooooo stolen. I've got a christmas party this weekend, that'll make a great gift for the host.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Candy cane pen plus - have you done anything with a holiday theme?

Nice work, Steve!

Yes, I turned the Christmas tree lights off when I went to bed last night!:wink:

Woodlvr

Good one Cav.

We should make sure that Curtis sees this post as he casts anything and may have too much time on his hands. :').

Skye

Ok, I had to borrow that idea. Giving it to someone hosting a party this coming weekend:

DSC02775.jpg

Thanks for the idea!

Steve Busey

Great job, Skye - share the wealth - I stole, er, I mean took my inspiration for the idea from another forum, where the guy just had the snowman shape. Amazing what a little paint pen and ribbon can do for it!

Skye

Yeah, paint pen would have worked better. You can see my eyeballs smudged a little when I grabbed it before it had dried. That and I wore out a few black markers. Think the lathe was spinning too fast.

Top Bottom