Cancun cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevebuk

stevebuk

hi
I bought this blank from skippy some time back,
absolutely fantastic, the mix of wood burr and PR together make a great combination, although i never had the
confidence to try it, but now i have.
prpen2.jpg

thanks for looking...
here's another shot..
prpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looking good Steve!! :D Nice to see you posting some cool pens.
I particularly like the shape of the bottom half too.

I sent that blank to you by mistake!!!![8D] Can I have it back now?

All the best;)

karlkuehn

Banned
Great looking pen, Steve! Eug does some great color mixes with his Amalgum-mutt stuff, and that burl is busy like a bee! Nice work on the transitions between the wood and the resin, too, those spots can get a little tricky. Way to pony up and start cutting, too. With the higher end blanks, often times it's hard to commit. (shoot, I still have a bunch of my own stuff that scares the daylights out of me, but they look nice on the shelf, so...hehe)

Keep after it! Great workmanship. Nice to know the Europeans are finally starting to keep up! heh :)[}:)][:p]

Watch out for that ligget guy, though. I think he's been using his Photoshop skills to raise the bar unnaturally high for you guys over there. :D

ElMostro

BEE-UU-TIFULL! I had not seen a "Cancun" on a cigar yet ant this one really shows the blanks well. Congratulaions on an amazing pen.

Eugene

fernhills

Wow, I have two Cancun from Eugene but i have not yet tried them, for lack of what kit to use. I think i will use a Big Ben Cigar. Yours looks fantastic. Carl

stevebuk

many thanks for all the lovely comments and encouragement, i really appreciate it. I have now made about 25 pens in total since i started and i am loving it.
Massive thanks goes to mark ligget for his inspirational pens, they are a sight to behold, and i have held them too, awesome. And also to skippy, who showed me what i was doing wrong and i have not looked back since, great guys indeed.
Thank you to IAP members who inspire and delight us with their creations.

Top Bottom