Cancer pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from terryf

terryf

A while ago I was looking for a cancer awareness blank for a friends daughter. Well I got some great input wrt suppliers but the cost would have been quite high with shipping being more than the blank itself so I decided to make my own.

I ordered a Diva with purple stones as the color of the hodgkins Lymphoma is violet and this was the closest I could find.

I used a piece of Matumi as its quite easy to work with and has a sort of bluish tinge to it. I turned the blank down to close to what I wanted it and then hand carved the shape of the ribbon. I picked up some pixy dust glitter stuff at the local craft shop. Filled it using ultra thin CA and then turned to the final size. Sanded from 600 - 1200 and then MM to 8000 and a quick buff.

It has a real home made look to it :biggrin:

All and any C&C appreciated!

Attachments

• diva pen cancer01.jpg
    diva pen cancer01.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 262
  • diva pen cancer02.jpg
    diva pen cancer02.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 254
  • diva pen cancer03.jpg
    diva pen cancer03.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

It has a real home made look to it :biggrin:

All and any C&C appreciated!

Terry, you are so wrong. It does not look "home made" at all. It does, however, look artisan crafted with love and caring. Beautiful work and thanks for sharing.
Charles

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Beautufully done Terry. You have a very steady hand!!! ( of course, you of all people actually need one!!:biggrin: )
I love the colouring. I would have preferred the ribbon to cross itself rather than be a silhouette though. But that's just me.

terryf

Thanks Charles - call it what you will hand crafted, home made - either way it was made with love and care.

Steven, thanks, I had considered running the lines through but decided to crawl before I walked :) Perhaps the next one!

wizard

Terry, That is gorgeous pen that has a special heartwarming significance to it. It was born with a kindness and caring that will bring a smile to the recipients features for sure. Very creative, appropriately very feminine and a most thoughtful gesture. Thanks so much for showing. Regards, Doc

Hubert H

Many nice and great pens shown on this site. Because of how your pen looks, the story, and the craftsmanship this is one of the really nice pens. Congrats on some nice work. HWH

Top Bottom