Cancer Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gagler

Gagler

If you look at this pen, there's really not much to it - just a simple Sierra Fisher of Men kit with a pink resin body I got from Dawn a while ago. However, I'm going to give this to a lady at my church who recently finished her last cancer treatment and just received a clean bill with a follow-up six months from now. Unfortunately, I think I have a few more to make.

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Very nice - and very thoughtful. As a cancer survivor myself, it's nice when someone says "Good Job" at the end of it.

Cancer treatments are harder than someone who hasn't been through it knows. Just getting to the end it is a major accomplishment in, and of, itself. Getting to the next 'all clear' is the next big step.

I think it's fantastic that you think enough of your friend to make something that special for her Michael.

Nancy

RDH79

Very Thoughtful

Hi Mike, Just wanted to say that is a very thoughtful gift for your friend. I am half way through my chemo and know what she has gone through. It can really get to you at times but with friends for support it can be alot easier. Again she will charish your gift. Rich H.

PenPal

michael

Well done and kindly thought.

Fortunately I as a man got chest lumps going in for surgery for removal of the lumps the nursing sister in prep went crazy with laughter at a man having a mostly womans problem so mentally I imagined her coming back as a man and learning about Prostrates.The lumps were benign phew. I have to thank the heavy ad programs in this country to check and find the problem anyway.

Support as basic as yours and your thoughtful action is to be applauded as I now do.

LEAP

I made a dozen comfort pens with the same resin from Dawn for my wifes co workers when she finished her treatments.they were all greatly appreciated except for a little Napoleon of a doctor who was offended to be given anything pink. Guess what he was a ltiile unsure of something..

Nick

Very nice - and very thoughtful. As a cancer survivor myself, it's nice when someone says "Good Job" at the end of it.

Cancer treatments are harder than someone who hasn't been through it knows. Just getting to the end it is a major accomplishment in, and of, itself. Getting to the next 'all clear' is the next big step.

I think it's fantastic that you think enough of your friend to make something that special for her Michael.

Nancy

Nancy,
Very well said

Gagler

Thanks, everyone. I posted this to get these comments in order to encourage each of you to do something similar for your friends: let them know what they mean to you, especially before it may be "too late." If your experience has been like mine, it will strengthen your friendships when you let someone know they are special, especially during the down times - whether it be health-related, the stresses during today's crappy economy, etc.

Do a good turn!

Regards,

Michael

felixg

Mike, I'm a newbie (turning since November). I offered to provide a pen for a breast cancer awareness auction in about a month. After trying a bunch of acrylic blanks that my wife and daughter said were too fuscia, too hot pink, too anything but the right pink, I even tried dying a piece of maple. Still no go, according to my wife and daughter. But now my daughter says your pen is the right color! My attempt is in my gallery. I have no idea how to link to my gallery so my own webpage is: http://nieonline.com/pens
In the mix on both is my attempt at the breast cancer awareness pen. I'm obviously interested in feedback -- not just on that, but on all my pens!

Very nice pen and a great cause. I am a cancer survor too, and know what she goes through. I have made a few pens from dawns pink to which I donate for cancer fund raising. Rick; keep positive, as it is much easier and thank the Lord for the strong support team you have. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Top Bottom