The Canadian Penny Legacy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penl8the

Penl8the

Hi All,

For those of you who are not familiar with Canadian penny situation, Canada Mint has stopped making the Canadian pennies as of Feb 1/13.

However we still can pay with pennies in stores. The stores will take them, but not give them out as change - the price will be either round up or down. But if you pay by credit card or debit card, the amount will be exact.

So what do you do with our pennies?

Well, buy 1 cent stamps and make them into blanks.

Click on thumb nail for full size pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Comments are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hendu3270

Great idea. While I was reading your post I was thinking you were gonna post a pic of a pen where you'd "bent" pennies and cast them in clear resin or something. I like your idea better.

Could maybe stack them up to the appropriate blank length, drill them and then turn them down to size. Don't they have a different colored core? Might look interesting. Just thinking out loud.:biggrin:

Last edited:

plantman

Not only does that make good cents of a non-cents situation, but it gets the stamp of approval for being a cents-able solution to a cent problem from a non-cent-amental government. There, top that if you can. Jim S

Curly

I'll get nothing now when my paycheque gets rounded down.

The decent of a country into the bottom of its piggy bank.

It's getting to the point where anything posted here becomes noncentical in a hurry.'

Will girls named Penny cease to exist? :eek: :eek:

Branden your pen is appropriate for a guy living in Stampede Town. :wink:

Pete

Top Bottom