Canadian Mocha Bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I very recently got a very nice chuck of bakelite from my Canadian friend John Devost and wanted to make something before heading off to work today. I have made several bakelite pens before but this one almost beat me. Chips and slithers galore:redface: but I think the effort ( CA and sanding)was worth it. I think this was my first closed ended bakelite pen.
Thanks John:wink:

Attachments

• MochaBakelite1.jpg
    MochaBakelite1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 291
  • MochaBakelite2.jpg
    MochaBakelite2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Definitely worth the effort! It's BEAUTIFUL! Love the profile of the pen and smooth flow that that the overall look conveys. Regards, Doc

terryf

Very elegant Mr Skiprat, I think you've done Mr Baekeland proud!!! (using my new found knowledge)

The colours are stunning and I really like the profile and length. Is that Jr Gent kit Steven?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
But she seems a bit long?

..... I really like the profile and length. Is that Jr Gent kit Steven?

Jeesh!!! Fat lot of good you two are!!!:biggrin: I just measured the depth of hole to see how much I can chop off....and now the Boer says the length is good!!!! How am I gonna learn stuff if you keep confusing me???:confused:

But yes, I'm going to shorten it by just over 1/2inch. Terry, yes it is a Jr Gent, Black Ti flavour. :rolleyes:

terryf

hmmmmmmmmm, and here I thought you were leading us - turns out you're just following, like the rest of us :tongue:

But she seems a bit long?

..... I really like the profile and length. Is that Jr Gent kit Steven?

Jeesh!!! Fat lot of good you two are!!!:biggrin: I just measured the depth of hole to see how much I can chop off....and now the Boer says the length is good!!!! How am I gonna learn stuff if you keep confusing me???:confused:

But yes, I'm going to shorten it by just over 1/2inch. Terry, yes it is a Jr Gent, Black Ti flavour. :rolleyes:

bitshird

Nicely done Steven, real neat looking blank,, and I'm not sure, but The balance looks good, keeping in mind, the cap isn't going to be attached during writing, the extra length might be a good thing.

Top Bottom