Can you name this wood? (On my first Cigar style Pen)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Got this blank from Manny during a Pith. He told me what it was, but I misplaced his letter describing the blanks he sent. Anyone want to identify it for me? (I have PM'd Manny to ask him, but thought some might like to see if they know it.)

It is put on a Hybrid Chrome/satin cigar from Exotics. Finished with WTF.

Enjoy

Steve

Attachments

• Mysterycigar1.jpg
    Mysterycigar1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Mysterycigar2.jpg
    Mysterycigar2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Mysterycigar3.jpg
    Mysterycigar3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Jim, nobody has let me down, I know how easy it is for a thread to get lost and since Manny hasn't responded to my question (either in public or by PM) I was just trying to get it back towards the front page in the hopes someone could help.

In no way did I mean to communicate that people hadn't met my expectations. I have always been very happy with the interaction here on the IAP and the wealth of information shared. I apologize if I sounded irritated or disappointed.

According to his profile, Manny hasn't been on here since March 4th, so it is somewhat unreasonable to expect that he would have responded!

Last edited:

keithbyrd

Got this blank from Manny during a Pith. He told me what it was, but I misplaced his letter describing the blanks he sent. Anyone want to identify it for me? (I have PM'd Manny to ask him, but thought some might like to see if they know it.)

Enjoy

Steve

I would guess that it is oak, elm or hickory burl. I had a piece not as pretty but same coloring and I am pretty sure it was oak burl.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Enjoy

Steve
I don't know what it is but I have a couple of pens in my collection that could have come from the same source....It's too hard to get the pictures out to find out what it might be though.

Top Bottom