Can you guess what this is?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

angboy

Another blank that I got from wood-of-1kind, AKA Peter. I was eager to see how it "turned" out and in fact was so eager that I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to paint the tubes, in my haste to get it glued up for turning. But I think in this case, given the color of the casting, it still turned out very nice. I was surprised at how this particular item that he cast came out, and so I'm wondering if others can guess what exactly the blank is made out of? Maybe it'll be an easy answer for some of you, but it didn't look really at all like I expected, and in fact I'd say it looked better than I expected, since it created some really neat patterns! I'm posting one picture that shows the pen in it's entirety, and two close ups of it, to help you with figuring out what it might be...

Attachments

• Feb 15 2010A.jpg
    Feb 15 2010A.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Feb 15 2010C.jpg
    Feb 15 2010C.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Feb 15 20101B.jpg
    Feb 15 20101B.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

You did a masterful job with this one and I don't think that NOT colouring your brass tube hurts it in any way. Very happy to know that you are "back" in the shop and enjoying your hobby. Thanks for posting. : )

Top Bottom