Can I be a segmenter?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CREID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Curt,

Probably not nice to tease John T.

In a forum like this, you can claim any title or descripter you wish. You are your own judge of how well it fits.

Do you consider yourself a member of the "segmenters pack" for having turned the pen?

jttheclockman

Curt,

Probably not nice to tease John T.

In a forum like this, you can claim any title or descripter you wish. You are your own judge of how well it fits.

Do you consider yourself a member of the "segmenters pack" for having turned the pen?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jttheclockman

Well, thanks all. I guess I probably shouldn't tell ya the blanks came in pre drilled too.:rolleyes:

Next you are going to tell us they were finished too as I see some being sold on FB with ribbons in them. (Can never understand why people buy these things. Why not have the person selling them just make the pen and send it to you)

I am going to have a hard time just calling you a pen turner:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::alien::alien::alien:

CREID

Well, thanks all. I guess I probably shouldn't tell ya the blanks came in pre drilled too.:rolleyes:

Next you are going to tell us they were finished too as I see some being sold on FB with ribbons in them. (Can never understand why people buy these things. Why not have the person selling them just make the pen and send it to you)

I am going to have a hard time just calling you a pen turner:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::alien::alien::alien:

Can you send me the link, if I don't have to turn or finish them, i could turn into a full time segmenter. :biggrin::eek:

CREID

Ok, just to keep a little self respect here. I really have a hard time with the skew. I really hate practicing on a blank piece of wood (I did hours and hours of blank bale shooting to get good at archery, blank practice is somewhat unsatisfactory). So I bought the hardwood blank package from Penn State, came with about half segmented. Enough blanks to make 10 slimlines for 12 bucks. So I sharpened the skew and have been practicing. Turned enough to make 3 pens and haven't blown one up yet. Personal best for me with the dreaded skew.

jttheclockman

Can you send me the link, if I don't have to turn or finish them, i could turn into a full time segmenter. :biggrin::eek:

Sold at classic nib. have at it.

Top Bottom