Camphor Burl Perfect Fit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

This is a Camphor Burl Perfect fit. This is from the stash that I purchased from Scott Talbott a while back. Great wood, and a nice guy to deal with if anyone else needs any. This wood turns like a dream, and finishes well. Finish is CA.

camphorperfectfit.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

Incredible finish and fit on that bad boy. I love seeing what people do with the blanks they get from me. Thanks for showing off! If you need some more...

dubdrvrkev

With the colors and grain pattern along with your glassy finish it almost looks like a resin pen. Not a bad thing. Very nice work as always [:D]

Fangar

Originally posted by ldimick
<br />Wow! That is the nicest CA finish I have seen. It does almost look like resin.

How does it feel?

Like plastic of course![:D]

But it is wood, and that is good!

Fangar

JimGo

James, that's a beautiful pen! Bill, it's a Perfect Fit - check out http://www.arizonasilhouette.com - I think they're on sale this week!

Fangar

Originally posted by BillATsetelDOTcom
<br />Great looking pen.

What kit is that? It's similar to a cigar - but what is it and who carries it?

Bill,

JimGo is correct. It is the perfect fit. The pen accepts a parker refill and is most closely related to the euro, in my opinion, in that it has a centerband requiring a tennon (down to the brass tube). The size is kind of a cross between the cigar and euro. This pen however, feels very light weight. I will definately make more.

Cheers,

Fangar

punkinn

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />This is a Camphor Burl Perfect fit. This is from the stash that I purchased from Scott Talbott a while back. Great wood, and a nice guy to deal with if anyone else needs any. This wood turns like a dream, and finishes well. Finish is CA.
Cheers,
Fangar

Fangar, that is truly beautiful. I am in awe of the finishes you all get with CA (haven't ventured there yet). "Perfect Fit" sure applies.. it looks perfect and perfectly gorgeous. [:)]

Nancy

nilsatcraft

Fantastic looking pen, Fangar- definitely up to your standard. As always the finish and photography are enough to make any of us jealous. Nice work! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom