Cambridge RB and FP set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gtriever

gtriever

Can anybody recommend a pen box that will hold this set of Cambridge pens? The box pictured is still a bit small.

Cambridge-Set---Composite_web.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

Thanks, Gregory. The box they're in now is one I had laying around the shop. Now that you reminded me, I've used that Maple box before for a single Churchill. May have to order another one...

gtriever

Those pens look beautiful. What material are the blanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

They're Lava Explosion Alumilite blanks; Beartooth Woods calls them 'Abalone'. I think (but I'm not sure) that it's the same blank that Exotic Blanks has listed as 'Mermaids Treasure'.
Maybe somebody knows for sure? Which brings up an interesting (to me) question - Why do the same blanks have different names according to which vendor you buy from?

ElMostro

Those pens look beautiful. What material are the blanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

They're Lava Explosion Alumilite blanks; Beartooth Woods calls them 'Abalone'. I think (but I'm not sure) that it's the same blank that Exotic Blanks has listed as 'Mermaids Treasure'.
Maybe somebody knows for sure? Which brings up an interesting (to me) question - Why do the same blanks have different names according to which vendor you buy from?

Beautiful pens! Ref the name, for the sake of simplicity and avoid confusion with the formulas I use only a number when I cast the blank, this particular blank falls under the "Lava Explosion" line and we numbered it LE #26. The vendors on the other hand give them a name that fits their product line. I know of at least three different names for this blank.

Top Bottom