Cambridge for Nephew & a RWB Vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Its been quite a while since I have been on here. School has me so busy that I don't have much spare time. I promised my nephew last year if he graduated I would make him a really nice fountain pen. Now I was tight on time, so I bit the bullet and bought a Cambridge kit from WC this Friday. The blank here is a Jeff Powell blank called Forest Shadows. I love how his blanks turn for me. Forgive the photos, I know they could be better.

cambridgeforest.jpg cambridgeforest2.jpg cambridgeforest1.jpg cambridgeforest3.jpg

The next one is a Red, White, & Blue blank called Liberty. It is one of the Genesis blanks from WT. I think the blank turned out really nice, and I am sure I will be buying more of these. Its on a Gun Metal Vertex click.

rwbvertex.jpg rwbvertex1.jpg rwbvertex2.jpg

Thank you for looking, and I hope you all have a nice holiday weekend. Thank you too to any who have served, serve, or have had family serve in our armed forces. Take care.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I think your camera is focusing on the background in these shots...leaving the pens out-of-focus. Try a plain background, it'll force the camera to 'see' the pens instead.

Congrats on the recent grad!! Hopefully one more year and we'll be able to say the same around here.... Looks like he's getting a mighty fine FP out of the deal too!!

Scott B

ToddMR

It was suggested to get closer up images. Here they are. I hope this helps some. I really need to build a light box or something.

cfs.jpg

rwbv2.jpg

The Cambridge is a little blurred it looks like.

-------------------------

Attachments

• rwbv.jpg
    rwbv.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Todd, I like the pens. I hope you don't mind if I offer something that has worked for me. And it's CHEAP. Just thought this would help, and not trying to embarrass you. Your pens are worthy of better photos. Here are some pics of my elaborate photo booth.:rolleyes: A cover for a computer. It comes with a smooth, gray surface. Cut a white T-shirt up one side, to open it up. I take my photos outside on a table. I think the photos tell the rest of the story. Again, I hope you're not offended by this post, and hope it is of some help. Also consider using Picasa3 for editing. It's FREE! There are many of us here that use it.

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 112

ToddMR

Todd, I like the pens. I hope you don't mind if I offer something that has worked for me. And it's CHEAP. Just thought this would help, and not trying to embarrass you. Your pens are worthy of better photos. Here are some pics of my elaborate photo booth.:rolleyes: A cover for a computer. It comes with a smooth, gray surface. Cut a white T-shirt up one side, to open it up. I take my photos outside on a table. I think the photos tell the rest of the story. Again, I hope you're not offended by this post, and hope it is of some help. Also consider using Picasa3 for editing. It's FREE! There are many of us here that use it.

Thanks Chuck. I appreciate all the help I can get, even when it has to do with the photo side.

Top Bottom