Cambridge Hybrid/Ultras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

I wanted to try a couple of these and I like them "ok" but still prefer Jr Statesman for the higher $ (to me!) kits. As others have said, the black band at the center coupler seems out of place.

Gold with Sterling Silver accents - Red with Gold Matrix Tru-stone

IMG_6664.jpg

IMG_6665.jpg

Sterling Silver with Titanium Gold accents - Azurite Web Gemstone

IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

I've used primary plating and accent names that make sense to me --- be careful if you order one though and look at the product photo -- both of my kit packages have "gold/SS" in that order on the label (one from Arizona Silhouette and one from Woodcraft) and obviously different pens. I had similar problem with the older model Cambridge pens from Lee Valley -- kit plating labels seemed backwards to actual pen platings -- probably just me!

IMG_6706.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Nice looking work, although I do not care for the black part of the cb since all of the other parts are silver or gold in color.

Lenny

I agree with the other comments regarding the plating and center band. I really appreciate the nice clear photos. It sure helps to see what a kit is like when it is photographed so nicely. Great job all around!

OKLAHOMAN

Jim, Great fit and finish, those would be winners in anybodies way of thinking. I agree as to the Jr. Statesman being a better higher end pen. Take that black plastic away and make it postable and I would add them to my arsenal.

bitshird

Your work is very good, your choice of materials is good as well, but I have to agree about the black ring, unless you were making a black pen, I'm sure missing the Emperors,

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
While the black band is certainly NOT a feature, I think your use of the blue material "absorbs" the band well.

Red, not so much.

Beautiful workmanship and pics!!!

rpearson

Great choice of materials, workmanship and photography. This kind of detail also helps those of us that may not have tried these kits. Awesome work!

JimMc7

Thanks, all, for the comments.

Ken, your Woodchuck is really helpful when turning some of the Tru-stone/Gemstone blanks. I couldn't keep a skew sharp enough to turn Red Dino Bone or the Azurite Web -- I use the Woodchuck from start to finish on those now.

dustmaker

Great looking set. A very ornamental kit, but I like it. I like to refer to these as "pocket bling" or "desk bling". I have one in this kit that I should be ready to post soon, so I may be a little biased :tongue:.

Top Bottom