Cambridge in Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crickett

Crickett

A Cambridge Fountain Pen in feathers. Pete (Curly) was kind enough to make me a set of Cambridge molds so I glued up this design. To finish the pen I sanded with 400 grit paper with the lathe running and then turned it off and sanded length-wise. I buffed using my lathe-mounted Beall buffing system and assembled the pen.

All comments are welcome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03097.JPG
    DSC03097.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC03102.JPG
    DSC03102.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 430
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Oh, that Pete is some guy! I didn't know you turned pens!:biggrin:Great design and nice job on the pen as well!

Curly

Beautiful final product Marla. My that Pete is getting very versatile - turning, making molds and I suppose now he wants a share of the profits!

Once Marla pays her credit cards off then she pays me! :bananen_smilies051::bananen_smilies046:

I'll be waiting a long time.:crying:

Pete

simomatra

Very nice Marla. I like the way you have arranged the feathers. You are lucky to have Pete to make the mould for you as well, maybe that could be another side line for him as Charlie does not make that one I don't think. The Cambridge has become very popular over here.

Crickett

Thanks for the replies.

Very nice Marla. I like the way you have arranged the feathers. You are lucky to have Pete to make the mould for you as well, maybe that could be another side line for him as Charlie does not make that one I don't think. The Cambridge has become very popular over here.

After Pete started making the mold Charlie posted that he now offers the Cambridge/El Grande size for casting but since he already started it he kept going.

The "WOW" factor!

Way to go Marla! That's my favorite so far. Love the feather arrangement and colours.
Going to be a hard act to follow.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader

After Pete started making the mold Charlie posted that he now offers the Cambridge/El Grande size for casting but since he already started it he kept going.

To show how much I (don't) know .. it wasn't till a few days ago that I
found out the Cambridge and El Grande took the same tubes. (I don't make
either one myself) And just the other day I found out the Canadiana uses
those tubes, too. D'OH! :redface:

seamus7227

Nice placement of feathers Marla, I always look forward to the next pen you post as each new one has a different layout and continue to shock me! You definitely give JohnU some good competition!

Rick_G

Very nice Marla. You have a good eye for placement of those feathers to make it look good. Something I don't have. Next one I do will be one of yours again. I can turn them but I can't design them.

simomatra

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers Marla I was unaware as I have just purchased 4 form Charlie I did not see that one on the list. All your fault I now own 4 more casting moulds.

JohnU

You definitely give JohnU some good competition!

Lol, Yes she does. I enjoy seeing you work and how you mix and match the species. I hope someday I can find some extra time and play around with some new ideas. Be careful Marla, they'll keep you so busy making blanks you'll never get a pen of your own made. Lol.
You do beautiful work. Keep it up!

Crickett

Lol, Yes she does. I enjoy seeing you work and how you mix and match the species. I hope someday I can find some extra time and play around with some new ideas. Be careful Marla, they'll keep you so busy making blanks you'll never get a pen of your own made. Lol.

Thanks John, I had to turn this pen just to make sure I remember how!! :wink: I was in a pen swap on the Aussie forum and Simomatra was my partner, that was the last pen I turned before this one. I must admit ... I do miss wood. :redface:

simomatra

Thanks John, I had to turn this pen just to make sure I remember how!! :wink: I was in a pen swap on the Aussie forum and Simomatra was my partner, that was the last pen I turned before this one. I must admit ... I do miss wood. :redface:

And what a beauty the pen was and the blanks something else. very much treasured Marla

Top Bottom