Cambridge in Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dustmaker

dustmaker

I have a customer who took great interest in my last Cambridge, but he is one who likes gold over silver...do you find your customers are polarized like this? It seems the greatest majority favor one plating over another...so I guess I am learning to set my biases aside and build variety. But getting back on topic, I made this Gold/SS in Amboyna Burl with the hopes of winning the sale. Wish me luck! It is CA finish, Micro mesh to 12K, and then some mild white diamond on the Beall. Hope you like it. Comments always welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• GoldCambridge1.jpg
    GoldCambridge1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 149
  • GoldCambridge2.jpg
    GoldCambridge2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Beautiful fit and finish pen and photos, I sure your customer will love it. My only regret is in the kit itself, that black plastic at the center band needs to go.

dustmaker

Yeah, not a big fan of the black band either. Fortunately, the kit has enough going for it, though it can be a distraction. Appreciate it. The pic was a quick and dirty snapshot with a point and shoot on my desktop here at work...sometimes you get lucky :)

Texatdurango

Frank, You did a bang up job on the pen and the amboyna goes perfectly with the gold. I'm right there with Roy however, with all that beautiful gold, silver and amboyna flowing nicely together then right in the middle.... a black plastic ring!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Frank, You did a bang up job on the pen and the amboyna goes perfectly with the gold. I'm right there with Roy however, with all that beautiful gold, silver and amboyna flowing nicely together then right in the middle.... a black plastic ring!

Couldn't agree more!!!

Is that black plastic used to hold the threads?? They sure did NOT include it for good looks, WHY is it there?

Thanks.

dustmaker

Thanks guys.

Ed, I think the plastic is there to protect the cap when it is posted. It is not a screw on post, so if it were metal the post would get pretty scratched up. Why they couldn't cover this in a gold/silver band for looks is beyond me. It is a great looking kit, but I may limit how many more I make until I see how these sell....

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It IS a nice-looking kit and might substitute for the Emperor, without the black.

Oh, well!
Customers will probably never notice, pen makers...........

Top Bottom