Cambodia Paduk Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcepek

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcepek

Hello All -

Let me first introduce myself, My name is Rob Cepek and I'm from Brooklyn, Ohio. About 2 Months ago a friend Gave me a lathe to play with and ever since then this new pen turning thing has turned me into an addict, can we say P.T.A. (Pen Turners Anonymous) "My name is Rob and I'm a pen turner". Okay anywho this is about my 15th pen (Cigar Pen) I made and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it so far, I love this wood and the finish cam out very nice. I Sanded this pen to 2500 and then applied three coats of a CA/BLO finish to it. followed by a nice coat of RenWax. The picture does not give the pen justice, It has a nice shine but not a high gloss to it (I think I like it this way) I'm interested in what everyone else thinks as this will be my first pen posted for critiquing? Let err rip folks!!

2005921143832_Cambodia-Paduk-Burl1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Welcome to IAP, and yes I am a turn-a-holic [:D] We have a place for posting your pens for critique , "Show off your Pen" you should put a pic of it there as well. But you have made a fine cigar pen. Need for focus a touch better and the size of the pic should be a touch smaller, so when people read and respond to tell you how wonderfull you are and how lovely your pen is, they don't have to scroll. My isn't this a wonderfull world and place to be. [:D] I think I overmedicated today [:eek:)] Anyways, enjoy this site and the group.

Okay, so I saw you posted this in show off your pens, Boy, did I blow that one. So go to introductions and introduce yourself to the group, I thought that is what I was responding to, when I read your forst remarks. I really nedd to shut up and go someplace [8D]

alamocdc

First, welcome to the addiction, Rob, my name is Billy and I'm a pen turner. [:p] SWCTM calls it an obsession. [:D] Secondly, short the less than stellar photo, very nice pen! Especially for just your 15th. The fit looks very good and I even like the finish. Some may prefer a higher gloss, but that is a personal preference. I would not have dared try a burl that early. Keep 'em coming. [^]

Czarcastic

Weclome, Rob!
Great looking pen. Don't worry about the focus, I just took my glasses off and it looks fine. [:eek:)]

That's some pretty burl you got there.

It looks like the fit all around is excellent.

Nicely done. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Dario

Rob,

Nice pen and welcome to the forum....as well as to the addiction.

If you are looking for PTA...this is the worst place to be. It is like AA holding meetings on a liquor store (or bar) with free samples everywhere LOL.

Pictures almost always never do the pens justice. I too have to work on that.

rcepek

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm really trying to perfect my finish on these things, But as they say "all good things come in time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom