Camaro Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

What the heck is a camaro pen you ask? Well, this is for my Dad. He loves his camaro and I made this pen to match. He does a lot for me and this is a tiny show of appreciation. I made it a long click so he'll be able to use it at work. This was a custom blank made by myself. I MM to 12000, buffed with tripoli and white diamond, and PlastX polish. Thanks for looking and any and all comments/critiques/questions appreciated!

Attachments

• 100_6389.jpg
    100_6389.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_6390.jpg
    100_6390.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_6397.jpg
    100_6397.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_6399.jpg
    100_6399.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

That looks great. Great match for the color scheme of the car... I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Parson

Your dad and I would get along like two peas in a pod. He drives the car I dreamed of owning when I was in high school... it was 10 years old when I wanted to buy one and fix it up... but I was not rich so I didn't do it. Now I can't afford one they're so expensive.

I'd love to know if he's done any suspension and brake work to the car...

BTW, that's a nice looking pen!

Brooks803

Your dad and I would get along like two peas in a pod. He drives the car I dreamed of owning when I was in high school... it was 10 years old when I wanted to buy one and fix it up... but I was not rich so I didn't do it. Now I can't afford one they're so expensive.

I'd love to know if he's done any suspension and brake work to the car...

BTW, that's a nice looking pen!

He has done alot to the car since that picture was taken a little over a year ago. He's dropped a new engine, disc brakes all around, not 100% on the suspension, I know he has done some to it but can't remember what. It had been updated with electric windows and such but he took all that out and put in original manual windows. It's one sweet car that I'll NEVER get to drive (he's let me back it out of the shop ONCE!) He won't even let me use it as my getaway car at the end of my wedding for cryin out loud :crying:

I didn't notice the pen either...:wink:

cozee

Good looking pen, but, even though I am a Chevelle/Nova guy myself the Camaro made me drool! Just tell me it is a BB.

Brooks803

I let my dad have it yesterday....all I can say is that he had a grin from ear to ear. He made the connection right away and loves it! Thanks everyone for the kind words. as a side note: NO he will still not let me drive away in it after my wedding :crying:

hewunch

Dang, you can't even bribe him?!? That is hard core. Great pen, and as we have already discussed, AWESOME CAR!

Smokey7385

Very nice pen!! As a former gear-head I gotta say that not only is the Camaro outstanding, but so is the pickup in the background!!!!

jskeen

Cool match on the pen, and nice car even if it is a camaro instead of a chevelle :) I gotta say I'm with dad on the wedding thing, no way i'd want shoe polish and shaving cream all over that baby. :) Probably a smart move on his part going with the sb 400 rather than trying to upgrade a factory SB car to a 396 or 454. Too many other parts that would need to be changed out too, and the front end on a camaro is a little lightweight for a bb, IMHO. That's why I like the 70-72 chevelle's, frame is much more rigid. Of course you know what they say about opinions :)

Smokey7385

Cool match on the pen, and nice car even if it is a camaro instead of a chevelle :) I gotta say I'm with dad on the wedding thing, no way i'd want shoe polish and shaving cream all over that baby. :) Probably a smart move on his part going with the sb 400 rather than trying to upgrade a factory SB car to a 396 or 454. Too many other parts that would need to be changed out too, and the front end on a camaro is a little lightweight for a bb, IMHO. That's why I like the 70-72 chevelle's, frame is much more rigid. Of course you know what they say about opinions :)

My choice would have been to go with a stroker 383. I ran a '68 Olds 442 in the now defunct AHRA for 15 years. Gotta love those old GM intermediates.

Brooks803

Very nice pen!! As a former gear-head I gotta say that not only is the Camaro outstanding, but so is the pickup in the background!!!!

Good looking pen, but, even though I am a Chevelle/Nova guy myself the Camaro made me drool! Just tell me it is a BB.

Here ya go guys, keep on drooling. From the same show.

Attachments

• 100_1464.jpg
    100_1464.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_1444.jpg
    100_1444.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1465.jpg
    100_1465.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom