Calligraphy Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Deere41h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere41h

This is a calligraphy pen that I made for a very special artist friend. It is made of Cocobolo. I have been so bound up in PR casting and turning lately that I had forgotten that my first love is turning wood. This was fun to do and nice to get back to the basics. All comments and critiques welcome.

200561515028_Calligraphy1a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Very well done, I really like the shape!
Where did you get the nib? I'd love to try my hand at something like that!
Very "clean" look, especially the features at the end.
Nice!

Deere41h

Thanks you for all the nice comments. They are very much appreciated.

Michael...You can get calligraphy nibs at most art supply stores. This one is just a cheap Speedball nib.

J. Fred Muggs

Very nice work, John. But curious as to what you used in the end for inserting the nib into. Looks like you've got some sort of metal something in the end. Did you bust up a cheap plastic one? Or what?

Deere41h

Fred....After a long search I found a source in the UK for nib holders. You are correct. They are metal and are designed to hold standard calligraphy nibs.

Deere41h

Michael....This is a "dip pen". I am going to make one that takes a cartridge but have to find the right nib. My wife won't let me take her cartridge pen apart to use the nib so if I can't find an individual calligraphy nib I'm going to buy the complete pen and take it apart. I'm still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom