California Dreamin'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

For all you surfers out on the coast...A mermaid and fish with some sea grass captured in a pearly blue alumilite. Made the "rat-tail" clip as well from alumilite, and the custom case. I had meant to dot all the eye's for the fish and mermaid, but I forgot. There's a small white speck under the mermaid, that was a pin hole and being in a hurry, I dropped a dab of CA in the hole..my mistake, it clouded in the hole as it often does..I know better and am kicking myself now. Thanks for looking.

cal002.jpg

cal003.jpg

cal007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Being from the northeastern part of the state , we catch more ripples than waves. But I still would be proud to carry it. Very narly, Dude!!:cool:

OKLAHOMAN

Holy crap, who would'd thunk a case and clip made from Alumilite . Your just amazing, but if you remember I told you that a year ago.

Kaspar

Outstanding! And I notice more and more of us have hit upon the idea of making custom cases made of the same stuff as the pen. That's something I've been wanting to do myself. Very impressive.

JohnU

Jeff this pen and case are Beautiful! Great job with the buckeye box and cast! I dont think I could let this one go. Thanks for sharing!

chriselle

One of the artistic masters at work. You've made yet another inspirational piece. I love the box, too.

My wife and I are both hard core surfers....we have a world class point break 100m from our back door..:biggrin:

workinforwood

That is sweet! Very nice work. Another out-of-the-box creation. (Can a box be out-of-the-box?)

Is that a buckeye box? Are Michiganders allowed to use buckeye?

Only Michganders should use Buckeye because it takes a Michigander to make a Buckeye look good!

Thanks for the great comments. I know the clip is a bit thick looking. This was my second attempt at this clip. I originally made the clip thinner, but the alumilite is too flexible, so I had to re-make it a bit thicker. It isn't overbearingly thick, but has to have some body to it. I do feel confident that it won't break under normal stress conditions. Cutting the square mortise in the top of the cap was the most difficult part of the whole pen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom