Cactus root pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This Cigar pen is made from Cactus root that I got from Anthony. It's finished with 2 coats of friction polish. Really nice stuff to turn but it has a lot of voids in it. I was able to miss most of them because Anthony gave me a nice big blank to work with,I left the small ones natural and didn't fill them. Thanks Anthony! :)

CigarPenCatusRoot.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Thanks Jim, appreciate the comments! I used my old camera to take the pic and it doesn't do as good of job picking up the gloss finish and showing off the detail as my new camera. It really looks a lot better then the pic.

cjaussiepens

Very nice pen, material has a real "wood" like look to it. Barons are not sold out here as far as I know, they look good. We have Grasstree over here which is a bit different, must try some soon.

atvrules1

That looks so good RT. Sure wish the finish had shown up better to get the full look, but nothing wrong with the rest of it. Shape is just as I like it, a little curve to get away from straight barrel, but not too much. The wood is great, wonder if Anthony could let us know what kind of cactus? Anyway, keep turning stuff like that, it is great.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, appreciate all the comments!

atvrules1, Anthony wrote it down for me but I lost the paper. I know it starts with an (S) if that helps anyone? I'd know it if I heard it. Sorry! [:I]

PenWorks

Very fine looking pen RT. It is from the spine of a Saguaro Cactus, you did a great job. That stuff is real soft and flakes off.

WoodChucker

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Very fine looking pen RT. It is from the spine of a Saguaro Cactus, you did a great job. That stuff is real soft and flakes off.

Yep, you're right Anthony, I knew I'd know the name if I heard it. [:D] Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom