CA thirsty blank is done

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

Well.
After all that gluing and puzzle making I came up with this Sierra. Would you believe that after all that work I went to measure for cutting and low and behold I made the blank too short!
Blood Wood / Curly Maple

Front of pen.
penfront.jpg

Back of pen.
closeback.jpg

Close up of joints.
closefront.jpg

As always comments and concerns are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Well.
After all that gluing and puzzle making I came up with this Sierra. Would you believe that after all that work I went to measure for cutting and low and behold I made the blank too short!

Thanks Ron, that makes me feel SO much better! There's no way I could pull off some of the cutting you do, and it's nice to know that you're human too! [:D]

The pen looks REALLY cool! Almost like a close-up of snakeskin or something. Certainly a neat idea!

alamocdc

SWEET!!! I just don't know what's wrong. I cut it three times and it's still too short! [:p]

One question, Ron. If you just used CA, what give the joints the black look? Whatever it is, I like it![^]

Ron Mc

Gerry,
I had planned on making a Baron but I made the blank to short. Next time....Well after I buy some more glue.[;)]

Billy,
The black lines you see are tiny pieces of ebony that I cut with my pocket knife....<b>NOT</b>....The black lines are burn marks that were left behind after cutting the pieces.

BigRob777

Ron,
Wow, that's amazing. Laser cut, I guess. I really like it, but it seems like the curl was wasted on it, unless it shows up "in person". This pen is awesome. Is it a blank you are putting together to sell? I do love the bloodwood and maple scheme.
Rob

Deere41h

Ron That is gorgeous!!! I can't imagine the work you put in to make that blank. Short or not the pen is really neat. I do like it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

JimGo

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Ron,
Wow, that's amazing. Laser cut, I guess.Rob
Rob,
Ron said in another post that he actually cut these pieces by hand with his pen-knife, hence the joke above about the african blackwood. That's pretty impressive work!

Ron Mc

<b>OK everyone. I think something is getting lost here.</b>
All of the little pieces were cut by laser. I then took them and put the pieces together, alternating colors, and applied CA. I then built another layer in the wet CA and so on and so on.
<b>Here is the finished glue up:</b>
newblank.jpg

<b>This is what the pieces I worked with looked like:</b>
newblankP.jpg

<b>I just want to make sure that there is no one actually thinking that I cut these with a pocket knife. I apologize for any confusion that my joke may have caused.</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom