CA Finish Success, Finally!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from truittsosebee

truittsosebee

Thanks to everyones advice and encouragement, I was finally able to do a decent job on a couple of CA finishes last night. Things I learned along the way:
1) The type of paper towel you use DOES make a difference
2) Making a set of tapered bushings to hold your blank while sanding and finishing makes a huge difference
3) Thin CA glue works better than Thick CA glue (at least for me)
4) Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Looks like you got it! Now wait 3 days, do the EXACT same thing, and watch it not work. :eek::biggrin:

Atleast that's been my experience when I first started. Obviously I was doing SOMETHING different but what I don't know. Hopefully not for you, but once you find what works for you, it usually works from then on. Repeating the exact process can be tricky though!

its_virgil

You have arrived, my friend. Congratulations. It will continue to get easier and faster and your results will continue to improve.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thanks to everyones advice and encouragement, I was finally able to do a decent job on a couple of CA finishes last night. Things I learned along the way:
1) The type of paper towel you use DOES make a difference

GouletPens

Welcome to the club! Now that you have it down, you officially have the right to pipe in and give confusing and complicated advice to newbies frustrated trying to learn CA finishes. Enjoy!:rotfl:

Top Bottom