CA Finish!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

Well I have done another CA finish, and I am very impressed and pleased with the result.

This time I had Micro Mesh to work with, and this indeed makes all the difference as many of you pointed out after my last posting.

After using MM 3,200 the surface already appears polished, and has a good shine.

I followed Don Ward's instructions for doing the CA finish, and this will be my chosen finish going forward!

The pen shown is an odd child that I was experimenting with for turning, and finish, but decided to assemble anyhow, as I told my boss I would give her a pen, and it needed to be a whacky one!!!

Awaiting other kits to try a different style.

20066211778_second%20CA%20Finish.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very nice Kenny! The finish looks nice and clear. Don't be in TOO much of a hurry to run away from slimlines; you can do a lot with that cheap kit.

kkwall

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback!

Angboy - it is an Oak Blank I received with the original pen turning kit I bought. On the outside it was dyed green, and I expected it to be all the way through, but no?

Jimgo - Thanks, yes slimlines are good kits, but I must admit when I see the lovely kits that are being used by you guy's I want to get them all!!!!!!! The jr statesman and Barons look great.

Thanks again to everyone, without the input from this sight, I would still be trying to turn my first pen, and the finish would be terrible.

its_virgil

Nice pen Kenny. I love the finish [:D]. And, like JimGo says, the slimline has lots of possibilities. The kit is so versatile and forgiving. I personally like the lower barrel longer than the top as in the euro. I have a photo album of just slimlines. Take a look if you're interested: http://tinyurl.com/54hug
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by kkwall
<br />Hi All,

Well I have done another CA finish, and I am very impressed and pleased with the result.

This time I had Micro Mesh to work with, and this indeed makes all the difference as many of you pointed out after my last posting.

After using MM 3,200 the surface already appears polished, and has a good shine.

I followed Don Ward's instructions for doing the CA finish, and this will be my chosen finish going forward!

The pen shown is an odd child that I was experimenting with for turning, and finish, but decided to assemble anyhow, as I told my boss I would give her a pen, and it needed to be a whacky one!!!

Awaiting other kits to try a different style.

20066211778_second%20CA%20Finish.jpg
<br />

kkwall

Hi All,

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Don - Thanks for the finishing method, very clear instructions which I am mots grateful for, it would have taken me an age to figure it out on my own!

Still waiting on my new kits arriving! (Rolling fingers on desk!!!!)

Cant wait............!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom