Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

I am call this The Bumble Bee......

IMG_9106.jpg

A customer asked for this design ..... she loves it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Very well executed. This could be my computer/internet connection's fault, but is that a low gloss finish?

It's a polished finish, my photo set up (tent, etc ) always shows my work more satin than gloss.. working on some lighting angles.

Gotcha. This does raise an interesting question as to whether or not some types of acrylic would look good with a satin finish.

Padre

That's a great pen. You don't see a lot of yellow pens, and this is a beaut.

Very well executed. This could be my computer/internet connection's fault, but is that a low gloss finish?

It's a polished finish, my photo set up (tent, etc ) always shows my work more satin than gloss.. working on some lighting angles.

Gotcha. This does raise an interesting question as to whether or not some types of acrylic would look good with a satin finish.

You hit a nail on the head there,

I will toot my horn here, as some of you may know I was commisioned to supply 40 pens to the 2010 G20 meeting held in Toronto. I was asked to make a pen that "said" Canada! These pens went to all G20 leaders and their respective ministers of Finance. I went with a red acylic, and the base baron pen. I called the Pen the canadian, they wanted a satin finish on the acrylic and blue ink. I finished the ppens to a gloss, then used 6000 MM to know the gloss down to a satin, you know something, as resistant as I was about going to a satin finish, they looked excellent. The secret to the satin look was to go all the way to a gloss then knock it down with the MM, finishing up to a 6000 MM did not look the same.

Gary Beasley

Try placing a few white cards, and maybe a few black ones as well in the area the pen is reflecting. The contrasting brightness levels is what cues the eye to the glossy effect. You will need to play with placement for best effect.

wizard

Beautiful pen! It's unusual to see that blank on that type of pen. The black in the blank really ties in with the hardware. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Beautiful pen! It's unusual to see that blank on that type of pen. The black in the blank really ties in with the hardware. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Thanks Doc, Truth be known, it was not my choice of hardware and blank, again a client expanded my design horizon for me, it Had to be Yellow... so we took a chance. I will say this, paint the tube white with this material, also the black lines do bleed under the surface a bit, you can see some of the black that does not reach the surface, kind of different

Happy Client, Happy Me!

MorganGrafixx

I think you and Brian (USAFVet) need to get together. You made the Bumble Bee pen and he made a bumble bee pair of revolvers. (I guess one for signing the death warrant and the other for carrying it out).

Top Bottom