Buuuurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Hi,

A couple of new Churchill's with Manitoba Maple burls

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

A fountain pen version with sterling silver, both with the new coupler attached.

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Gary Max

I almost feel out of my chair------that is awesome work.
Maple is one of the most under rated woods ---and you just proved it.
What camera did you use----I am needing to upgrade.

tomcatchevy

Very nice pens Jim!! The colours are awesome!! Are you going to the Kitchener wood show this weekend? Hope to see you there!

Very nice pens Jim!! The colours are awesome!! Are you going to the Kitchener wood show this weekend? Hope to see you there!

Thank You, yes I will have a booth there, also giving a pen making seminar on Friday at 3 at the show, stop by and say hello and be sure to sign the banner I will have our for our Armed Forces in Afghanistan.

leehljp

Member Liaison
The colors just come alive in those pens! The first pen shows something that I haven't seen before but thought about as a possibility: Biased/angle cut burl for a unique flame effect. The second one has that to some effect.

Beautiful work!

mrburls

Very nice looking pens you turned there Jim. I like your choice of wood burl. I've turned a number of dyed stabilized maple burl and have been fortunate to always finish with a wonderful burl figure.

Great photos. Only wish mine were that good.

Keith "mrburls"

Grizz

Banned
They are both nice... but I've got to say... that first one is gorgeous.

Ligget

Jim outstanding work on those pens, glad to see you back turning my friend, just a little thing before you post them in the second picture the clip is not seated in the gap of the clip ring.

Your pictures are as always brilliantly clear, and the wood is beautiful!

J

jackrichington

very pretty wood..it was 22 below zero here this morning..could you please take back the subzero March temps and send that pen instead? I like open trading between countries as much as the next guy, but enuf!

Jim outstanding work on those pens, glad to see you back turning my friend, just a little thing before you post them in the second picture the clip is not seated in the gap of the clip ring.

Your pictures are as always brilliantly clear, and the wood is beautiful!

Thanks Mark,

I caught that too, good eye..I was able to solve that after I looked at the picture, thanks for offering to point it out, well taken...

Top Bottom