Button Click Cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is another Button Click Cigar pen . It is made with some Black and White Ebony , a Black PR finial ring and a click mechanism from Richard Greenwald and finished with CA . These pens are very well liked by everyone who tries one . They have a nice heft and feel and a good solid feel when you operate them . All of the ones I have made so far have been PR , this is the first wood one . I had a special request for a wood one so I wanted to see how it would look and work . I think it worked out nice . I have a piece of HRB on the lathe to fill the request .

As always , comments are welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

I like it. I haven't tried a click yet, but that would be a great project. Very nice pen. I looking forward to seeing the next one..

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
VERY nice Butch!!! You've got these down to a fine art now, that's for sure:biggrin:
I particularly like the black streak in the wood and the wood button is a great touch.

avbill

Butch, I like the cigar pen. I believe you put a short tutortial on how to foe the cigar pen click style? If yes do you have a link.

tanks bill DAniels

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . These are a blast to build , when they are done you have a unique pen that works the way you want .
Sorry Bill but there is no tutorial , I've tried to write one for other pens but just can't put it down on paper in a way that is understandable .
A quick explanation of how it is done is , Drill your blank for 2 shortened 10mm tubes on each end , one to press the nib into and the other for the button to slide down into . the click mechanism is threaded into a 9/32" aluminum tube , (tapped with a 7X.75 metric tap) , that I buy from a local hobby shop , and the tube is epoxied into a 9/32" hole in the center of the blank . The button is turned to fit the top of the click mechanism and the 10 mm tube . The cigar clip is reamed with a Dremel to fit over the 10mm tube and is held in place by the Black PR finial ring which is epoxied to the tube . Hope that helps a little .

SDB777

Does anyone offer this Cigar as a 'kit'?

I really like everything about it, and I'm not a big fan of Black&White Ebony either!!!!

Scott (I'm jealous now) B

ldb2000

Thanks guys .
Scott , sorry but if you want one of these you gotta make it yourself , the kit manfacturers don't think it's a good idea .... yet . Maybe PSI will make a knock off :biggrin:
As for the Black and White Ebony , I love this stuff . It turns so nicely and I think the lines look like a great spalting job .

PaulDoug

Awesome Pen Butch! I'm not smart enough to figure it all out, but I love the idea of the click cigar pen. I do not like the double twist. You do great work.

Top Bottom