Butterscotch Emperor NOT!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

You never know what your getting when acquiring some 60-80 year old Bakelite. I thought I had Butterscotch swirl:rolleyes: but after turning off the old patina it was a beautiful creamy white swirl:biggrin:. The pen is make from the rod of bakelite its sitting on. Painting the inside of the blank after drilling would give it some great effects. All comments welcome, good, bad or ?
IMG_1832-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Beautiful swirl for a beautiful pen! Never would have guessed the result from what you started with.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I like that one, it is always fun to see what something will turn into. I would be interested in seeing what a blue tube would do with the coloring.

PaulSF

Awesome indeed. It would have been a beautiful pen in the butterscotch, but getting the pearlescent white is quite a pleasant surprise!

Gary Max

Heck-------does that mean your going to raise the price of the blanks you have for sale??????????
I have never seen that color combination before--------I would be very proud of it also.
For all you folks who keep asking how do you get top money for a pen----this is your answer.

Rfturner

I love that combination. That looks great. I think that if it was butterscotch it would have over powered the pen components a little.

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks all for the positive comments. Gary I gave it some thought but instead of raising the price I just might close the ad. Wait till you see what they look like with the blanks painted.:biggrin::wink::wink::tongue:....

Jgrden

You never know what your getting when acquiring some 60-80 year old Bakelite. I thought I had Butterscotch swirl:rolleyes: but after turning off the old patina it was a beautiful creamy white swirl:biggrin:. The pen is make from the rod of bakelite its sitting on. Painting the inside of the blank after drilling would give it some great effects. All comments welcome, good, bad or ?
Let this pen

let this pen set for 80 years to see if it turns butterscotch.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
LOL .. Nice to be able to see how it will age over time..
.. wouldn't be embarrassed to put that in my pocket.. not at all!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think it looks better now and a better match to the kit too. Looks like the classic Wedding Pen.
How deep was the dirt/patina? I might be inclined to try and seal the fresh colour with CA.
Looks really beautiful Roy:biggrin:

Top Bottom