A busy weekend...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txbob

Status
Not open for further replies.

txbob

I finished up a few pens this weekend;
2006815154716_twopenssmall.jpg

The top pen is a Papermate G-force with a piece of camo arrow replacing the metal sleeve. The second is a slimline done as a "longwood" in aluminum, with the rubber grip from a Papermate. The rubber grip is a tight slip fit on a 7 mm brass tube, so it's an easy pen to make, needing only an upper barrel.
2006815154735_checkbookpensmall.jpg

This pen is designed to be carried in a checkbook folder, wedged between the check pad and the register pad. The wood is .315" at the largest part, overall length is 5.5". The refill is in a tube that slides out and reverses to expose the writing tip.
2006815154754_checkbookpentip.jpg

Here's a pic with the pen ready to write.
2006815154826_pursepensmall.jpg

A purse pen, 0.32" diameter and 4.37" long, from CSUSA kit. The cap doesn't post.

As always, I welcome your comments.
txbob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjackman

txbob,
I like them all! Very nice "outside the box" stuff!
On the checkbook pen, I assume you are using one of the mini refills? (as in the pocket/purse pen) What do you use to hold the reversable tube in place?

txbob

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, it's a mini refill. It's held in place by friction from a slight bend in the small aluminum tube, which is also what holds that tube in the larger tube. The tubing is standard hobby shop stuff. I turned the wood using a #8 bolt as a mandrel, in a jacobs chuck, with nuts holding the wood. It might look better with a second piece of wood at the other end, just a short spacer. It's a really easy pen to make.
txbob

Originally posted by bjackman
On the checkbook pen, I assume you are using one of the mini refills? (as in the pocket/purse pen) What do you use to hold the reversable tube in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom