Busy Drilling Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Another batch of 50 Solid Copper 30 Caliber Bullets for Cartridge Pen Nibs.

First Gun Show for the season starts next week end.

Les

drillingsolidcopperbull.jpg

drilling30calibersolidc.jpg

30calibersolidcopperbul.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

How do you keep the chuck from marring the copper tip? I have been a reloader for 30 years and this looks like something I might like to try. I do not like the looks of the bullet kits with the standard nib incerted. It just looks too fake. A real bullet would be much more appealing.

rd_ab_penman

How do you keep the chuck from marring the copper tip? I have been a reloader for 30 years and this looks like something I might like to try. I do not like the looks of the bullet kits with the standard nib incerted. It just looks too fake. A real bullet would be much more appealing.

The Copper FMG Bullets are the ones that will mark quite easily when using a drill chuck.

I find that the Solid Copper Bullets will not mark easily as long as you don't tighten too much with the chuck key.

I set the bullet in the drill chuck and Hand Tighten on the boat tail surface that will not been seen when the bullet is seated into the cartridge neck.

Les

randyrls

The Copper FMG Bullets are the ones that will mark quite easily when using a drill chuck.

I find that the Solid Copper Bullets will not mark easily as long as you don't tighten too much with the chuck key.

I set the bullet in the drill chuck and Hand Tighten on the boat tail surface that will not been seen when the bullet is seated into the cartridge neck.

Les

To join the thread; A collet chuck will not mar the surface finish. You can get an exact match to the size you need here. These will clamp about a 1/16" range. You should use a drawbar made from a bolt, washer, and nut to hold and clamp the collet.

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_category.php?category=874479994

Top Bottom