Burning Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from constamj

constamj

I just got this kit yesterday and took some pictures this evening. Simple kit and well made. I thought the acrylic blank added some flavor to a rather plain kit. Let me know what you think good, bad or indifferent.

200822901812_ZenClosed.jpg

200822901830_ZenOpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Michael You have done a good job in making the pen
fit and finish is first class,
however lam not real keen on this kit,
The cap size too the body size just looks odd
too me thats just my opinion, others may really like it,
l have made 2 screw-cap kits up
which l altered the length and added another part
too change the look but lam still not sold on it,
finding the right blank maybe the key to this kit. :):D

constamj

John, I would agree with you on the kit. The body seems a bit on the long side for the cap. It might make a better purse pen with a shorter body. I did read about some others trying shorter refills. I may need to look into that if I make more of these.

Ligget

I agree with John (johncrane) regarding the length of the barrel compared to the cap, it is a new design so we may well warm to it after a while!:)

Great work on the pen Michael![:p]

constamj

I'm not sure that I like the way it fits in my hand to write with. I know that for long periods of time I would choose something else. As a pocket pen for short notes it is not bad.

constamj

It is a kit from CSUSA. The top is magnetic and attaches to both the top and bottom of the pen. Kind of cool. I think most people will like it because it is different.

constamj

Update: I have been using this pen for a couple days now and It is growing on me. It is great for short notes but longer stuff makes my fingers start to cramp. The balance is not bad, but it would be a little better with a shorter shaft.

alxe24

Nice work. You did find a good blank for the kit. As much as I doubt I would make one of those for my own use. It definetely can have a market.

Top Bottom