Burl but not DIW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

At least not yet anyway. This is a Gold Ti Gentleman's rollerball made from York Gum Burl I bought on eBay. This is the first time I've ever seen two-tone York Gum Burl. The finish is 8 coats of Unaxol, sanded to 12000 MM and buffed with White Diamond. My top light was too high to get a "shine line," so I need to made some modifications to my new light box.
200710315414_YorkGumBurlGent1.jpg

Thanks for looking and just so Roy doesn't say anything, Spike has been retired in favor of something else that isn't as tall. Maybe I can put him out to pasture and he'll make little Spikes.[:0]:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry,
Great looking pen, terrible looking prop[;)].We will all miss spike but we must understand that an aged shell needs to rest and hopefully he will enjoy his new life as a retired prop.[:D][}:)][;)]

Nolan

Gerry the unixol is that the stuff like enduro?? Beautiful pen BTW I have some grey box that looks alot like that funny thing about AU burl is almost all are eucalyptics trees of some sort just depends on part of country it grows.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Nolan, yes, Unaxol is a water based finish like Enduro. I have almost deserted Enduro for Unaxol as I find it a bit easier to work with and it dries more quickly than Enduro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom