Burl / Acrylic Fusion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Roos85

Roos85

First pic with my new photo setup. Basic light tent and the DSLR on auto mode... Would like to see what everyone thinks

DSC_0026.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Photo has some 'direct lighting' on it(that is what makes the white line), but it shows off the shine....so it's kind of a gave-n-take thing. Everything is in focus(except for the very top of the finial), so the camera is selecting the correct f/stop for this one.... A+

The blank sure is purty too! Looks like you were going for the B2B on the top barrel, but then decided to go with a 'curve' on the lower barrel. I like the 'curve', it shows off the wood/acrylic mix better.

Scott

Roos85

Thanks, this was actually the first successful burl acrylic fusion so thats why the barrels dont match. They match on most of the other cigars we make, I actually didnt make this one... My buddy did and he is teaching me how to do all this stuff. I however am responsible for photography and sales and all. Lol.

Sylvanite

As Scott noted, the nib is in focus, but the finial is not, so you might want to decrease the aperture (higher f-stop) or recompose the photo a bit. The pic is also quite noisy, so you probably should set a lower sensitivity (ISO). The pen is evenly lit and the colors look good, so you have reasonable exposure and white balance. It's a very good start.

Regards,
Eric

drgoretex

Beautiful pen!

The photo is great - but one thing you could try is to go manual, crank up the F/, and prolong the exposure, and that would put much more of the photo in focus.

But regardless, beautiful work!

Ken

Roos85

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I will try to adjust the settings on my camera and take some additional pictures and see where I get. Thanks all!!

Top Bottom