A bundle, different styles and materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from betwisted

betwisted

Got my new lathe in last Thursday, so I spent the weekend makin pens (and blowin up blanks) :eek::biggrin:

These are the ones that made it past my impatience and dull tools :rolleyes:

The left most is a chrome and gun metal cigar with an experimental blank. The blank is blue PR and bamboo skewers.

The next one is a chrome rockler cartridge pen in chrome with a home cast red, silver, and pearl white PR blank. This pen was a commission and with the black reverse painting it also shows some black areas where the silver is thin.

The third pen is a rhodium slim in a purchased blue swirl. I had actually created this pen twice to get the final result and still had trouble with the very thin material on the slimlines. If you haven't seen it yet it has two centerbands to make up for some of the end of the tube that needed to be sanded down to remove some damage.

The next pen is a 24kt PSI executive with a polyclay barrel. I was just playing around with some left overs from some other PC experiments and this is what came out. I didn't expect to like this pen as much as I do, but it feels really good in the hand, and I think it has some interesting banding.

The last pen in the left picture is a PSI compson click in black Ti. The material for the barrel is a home cast multi-colored pasta blank. I used the 3M fiberglass resin from lowes as the casting material and colored it white with titanium dioxide.

The left most pen in the right picture :) is the same experimental PC as the executive. I wanted to see how the material would look with a different hardware set. I like the way this pen came out too, even though I'm not a huge fan of the slim pens.

The next pen is a Black Ti cigar with a home cast blue/sky blue swirl PR. This was my wife's favorite pen from this batch, and she described it as gorgeous.

The last is a black enamel bolt action with a lacewood barrel. The barrel is finished in CA. This is my first bolt action and I really like the way it came out. I switched the bolt around so it looks like a regular right hand bolt. This pen has a very solid feel in the hand (after you turn it to not dig the bolt or clip into your flesh) and writes well.

Thanks for checkin out the post, and I hope you enjoyed the pens.
C & C welcome and appreciated
Joe

Attachments

• HTP00048-52.JPG
    HTP00048-52.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 238
  • HTP00053-55.JPG
    HTP00053-55.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Someone certainly has put the new lathe to work!

Nicely turned, and I'm finding that slim with the doubled band pretty cool!!!

Scott (gonna have a pile o'pens) B

Top Bottom