Not open for further replies.

wizical

here is some of my new work, tell me what you think. I want comments

2007118193228_IMGP6984.jpg

2007118193321_IMGP6964.jpg

200711819340_IMGP7053.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Keven, lovely work especially on the glue ups, can you give us more details on woods used on all pens, finishes used etc..

This would make a great post really interesting. [:D]

wizical

sorry about that.

For the first two pens, I use Holly, Blackwood, Purpleheart, Honduras Redheart.

The third pen is Black and white ebony.

I use Myland's friction polish and reniassance wax.

sorry again, tell me what you think

fernhills

Well i tried a few segments and i have to say your work is very good,there is lots of work and planning,thinking ahead,it not just a pretty pen much thought goes into it and it is plain to see you have done just that. Regards, Carl

txbatons

Beautiful pens. You might get some comments about the finishing if you only use friction and Ren Wax. I made the switch from friction and wax because I was concerned about durability over the long run.

That takes nothing away from how great these woods and kits look! I love the look of that ebony!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Keven, you want comments? OK.
The first one is excellent. The segmenting is very accurate and the colours contrast with each other beautifully. Easy to look at.[:D]
The second one can't decide if it wants to be geometric or randomly segmented. It appears to be a 'practice run' compared to the first one. Sorry, I don't really like it.[:(]
Third one looks good too. Nice chunk of wood, shown off nicely by matching with a kit that is not too busy. Wouldn't have worked with one of the OTT kits like the Lotus or Emperor.[:D]

No offence intended[;)]

wizical

Skiprat,

I forget to mention on the second pen, that the wood is blackwood, and when it came out, it had both the black and white on it. i didnt see it when i put it together, but it makes the pen look interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom