bunch MORE 308

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Made this bunch today---the kits are Chrome Fancy style that I bought from WoodTurningz---nice folks------wood is Walnut burl--Antler---and the Blue cactus that I make.The caseing are all 308's. I hope to get at least 75 of these done this month -----between everything else that's going on in the shop---this should be fun.

20073523184_evenmore.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Ron --------I asked Ryan which kit would look the best. I figured he had seen them enough to know. He was right the kit works great.

Gary Max

Mike I like Elmers Polly Glue---it cost less than the big name brand and works faster. You want to be very neat with this or cleaning the tube up can be a real job. I have done so many of these pens that I know how much glue it takes to fill the caseing up. When the glue foams it fills the whole tube giving you the most support possible.
This is going to be like everything else---everyone has thier own way---this is just how I do it.
Hope that helps

fritzmccorkle

nice job. the chrome was definately the way to go one these. 2 questions for you. 1 - is it a nice change to turn something small? i know you like the huge stuff. 2 - do you ever sleep?

Gary Max

Fritz---the trick is to get up EARLY---I mean before the chickens are even awake. Oh it's a lot easier on the back to carry pens around compared to Furniture----I ain't getting any younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom