a bunch of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Emaxx3

Emaxx3

Hi all,

First time showing my work... 4th and 5th pens turned (first Sierras) so very new at this. First acrylics, and first time trying to photograph something like this. Trying to figure it all out... please let me know what you think. (I shoulda painted the blanks but honestly I was expecting them both to explode during turning anyway... live and learn). oh yeah... sorry for the dust.

Thanks!
Jon

Attachments

• together.jpg
    together.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 221
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 168
  • fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 156
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Great first post Jon! Pics look good too. As far as painting the tubes goes, yes, a white tube would probably help with the blue one although it looks great in the pic. The brass color of the tube may actually work to enhance the blank sometimes as I feel that it might in your other one. Just my $.02, I'm no expert.

Keep up the great work!!! Like Neil said, you're right on track!

aggromere

I think they look fine. Good choice of blanks. For your four and fifth pen they are fantastic. Keep at it.

Emaxx3

Thanks all... I am rather fond of them. I really like the Sierra pen. Time to turn some more and some more new styles. Is the marble base too busy? I like the reflection look but could not find a piece of all black marble.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Your work is quite good on both pens. And your pictures are very good as well. So I guess its time to move on to something more challenging? ;-)

watchman7

Very nice work for just your first half dozen pens. Wonder what you wil be doing six months from now? Keep us posted.

Top Bottom