A Bunch of BOW Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from allenworsham

allenworsham

This past week I have been trying to get a bunch of pens made up, but it has been so stinking hot here in So. Calif. that I couldn't spend much time in the 110+ degree garage. So over the past week I got 13 Sierraa made up, turned and finished and still have a bunch more of Patriots to get to as well as a couple other orders. So here are a "Bunch of BOWs" and 2 Cocobolos thrown in for good measure. My wife finally gets one in the Platinum and Black Ti that she has been pestering me for the past few months. Most of these will be gifts for some of our Pastors and Elders at church (Olive Branch Community Church, Bethlehem Olive Wood....sounds like a good mix)

All finished in CA then buffed with Tripoli and White Diamond.

200862503439_6%20BOW.jpg

200862503454_6%20BOW%202%20Cocobolo.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I love olive sierras. one of my favorites to make...you can pick the more figured pieces of the blank to get the best figure where you want it on the pen.

very nice execution! Very nice kit selection.

allenworsham

Thanks for all the nice comments.

My wife was very happy about finally getting her new pen. She has been using a Comfort Pen that I made for her some time back in white corian that came from a bathroom counter top. She calls it her "Potty Pen". Now she has her "Holy Pen", as she calls it, so she doesn't have to feel guilty about taking notes in church anymore with a "Potty Pen". :)

At our Elders meeting last night, I got to give 3 of the guys their pens as the other two were out due to family illness and travel. They were very appreciative and loved the pens. I'll hit the other two boys later this week. It is such a joy to be able to give something beautiful, meaningful and usable that you made. Makes all the time and work worth while, even in the 110+ degree garage.

Originally posted by LostintheWoods

Beautiful group of pens, neighbor Allen! (I'm just over the hill from you, in Pomona). We'll have to get together sometime!

Thanks for the offer.I'd love to get together sometime to talk shop. :)

nava1uni

Your pens are quite exquisite. I really like the olive with the finish that you chose as it sets off the grain in the olive so nicely. I love working with olive for the smell and it always shows so nicely in any style. It really is hot here in California, even here in San Francisco. It is a little cooler today, but we are surrounded by fires and the air quality is horrible. Hope it cools off for you.

Top Bottom