Bumpy Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Here's a first attempt at some shape embellishments on an acrylic Baron...turns out to be no more difficult than with a stabilized wood blank:
Baron5c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Like batting practice fastballs, you just keep knocking them out of the park! I love the satin nickel with the blue resin!

Rudy Vey

I must admit that I do not care much any of the "free style" pens and like the classic forms much better, but I must say these look really good. Nice Job, Ed!

Rudy

SE Mi

woodscavenger

Ed, I love your bumpy Barons. I like the double ridge green stabilized pen the best. I have a question for you since you are obviously a bead master. Do your non-bumpy pens ever begin life as bumpy barons? I tend to have some tear out on some of my bumps and have to make them non-bumpy.

So when do the barons get O-rings?
BTW, how do your O-ring pens sale and how do they feel? Does it add a nice grip and comfort level to the pens?

YoYoSpin

I use a sharp skew to cut the beads and have been pretty lucky so far...no tear-out problems.

On the o-ring question, pen sales are a complete mystery to me...eventually everything sells, but there doesn’t seem to be any hard-and-fast rules for what sells first or best. About 1 in 20 of my pens have o-rings, and the feedback I get indicates that a lot of people like the non-slip feel. There is one downside to these o-rings however...I've noticed that in one shop in particular, where its usually very hot and the humidity is extremely low, the black o-rings will crack after a few months of shelf-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom