Bumble Bee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spaceengravers

This pen was made out of yellowheart, white copy paper, brown matte board and a Satin Gold Slimline kit. I stacked the copy paper and the matte (3/4 inch squares) together, then rubberbanded them and soaked with CA. After a day, I sanded flat a couple of sides, drilled the hole, and filled with CA again. Then turned as normal, added CA along the way if I hit a dry spot. It went pretty good. I finished the pen with 5 coats of BLO/Med CA.

I'm still getting all the techniques down and trying new things, but I'm pretty happy with my results so far. Still need to work on the camera work!

The second picture is a key chain I made from a piece of branch we picked up off the side of the street. It was pretty dry and soft, so I soaked it in some Polyurethane I had around the house not knowing if that would do anything. After a couple of days I took it out and let it drip dry for a couple of days. It must have worked because it turned nicely. I wanted a natural look, so I didn't turn it down too far...

Attachments

• Pen 5 - Bumble Bee (yellow heart and paper).jpg
    Pen 5 - Bumble Bee (yellow heart and paper).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Natural Key Chain.jpg
    Natural Key Chain.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 228
Top Bottom