bullet pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OLDMAN5050

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Kieth showed me how to do these and furnished the casings First ones I have did without buying premade casings....thanks Kieth

Attachments

• DSCI0486.jpg
    DSCI0486.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCI0488.jpg
    DSCI0488.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Kieth showed me how to do these and furnished the casings First ones I have did without buying premade casings....thanks Kieth

Very cool!
You going to give the 'run down' for what you did?

On a side note....
I get results on sales with turning the blank down to almost the bushings on cartridges(the straighter the better liked).

Scott (shiney brass gets 'em everytime) B

jtdesigns

Now all you need to do is use a real bullet for the nib. Get yourself some boat tail match bullets (168gr. for 30-06). Make a collet insert if you have a Beall chuck. Part off about 1/16" of the back of bullet to expose the lead core. Take a propane torch and melt all lead out of bullet. Then take a 1/16" drill bit and drill from back of bullet to enlarge the "bullet nib" hole to accept the refill. Then turn the bullet around in the chuck and part off the jagged edge of hole. I do these in batches of 15-20.

I really think these bullet pens look alot better with an actual bullet as the nib. There are some good tutorials out there that cover this and soldering in the 7mm tube to accept the transmission.

Jeff

Top Bottom