IMG_0985.jpg

#3-2 Blue Dymonwood blank, gold Streamline kit

IMG_0987.jpg

#3-3 Chrome Comfort centre band, chrome rifle clip and Comfort finial cap

IMG_0989.jpg

#3-4 Chrome Streamline kit

IMG_0978.jpg

#3-5 Copper Comfort centre band and finial cap, copper rifle clip

Tomorrow I will tell you which 10 he picked:)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I tell ya, hard to pick a favorite out of all of those. I think though I like the split bullets the best.

jttheclockman

All very well done. Two questions, where did you get the copper rifle??? Second do you coat these with anything or are they comando?? Thanks for showing.

BigShed

Great work as always Fred, not sure about the copper nibs with the rest all chrome on pens 3 and 4 though!

It is unfortunate that they don't make silver bullets (not casings, but the actual bullet).

I have some brass bullets (projectiles) here, specially manufactured on CNC equipment for target shooters. Have yet to make a pen with them.

Funny thing about the chrome fittings with the copper projectile and brass casing they are almost always the first pens that sell, chrome trim is very popular.

I try to make a mix of different combinations and haven't found a combination yet that hasn't sold. maybe I don't try hard enough!

The jungle pattern camouflage blanks sell very well for me, I also sell these blanks to other pen makers and I sell the bullet pen kits as well.

Jgrden

All very well done. Two questions, where did you get the copper rifle??? Second do you coat these with anything or are they comando?? Thanks for showing.
OP CIT, I am also curious about what you used to coat them to prevent tarnishing. I used a hard white wax to see if it would slow the tarnishing process.

BigShed

They're all very nice! What kits did you use....ie where did you get the center bands from? I like them all!

Barney

As listed under each photo, they tend to be combination of different bits from different kits, as well as some non'kit pen parts.

The Comfort centre bands I get from WoodenWhimsies, the Streamline centre bands I get from Timberbits here in Oz.

BigShed

The copper rifle clip, as well as the gold and chrome ones, come from Timberbits in Oz., see link above.
The bigger chrome rifle clip, called a Winchester Rifle clip, comes from WoodenWhimsies, it looks more like a sporting rifle and is longer. It is more substantial overall and I bend them a bit to stop them sticking outside the pen.

What you call "comando" I call "army, and yes they are unfinished, although I now have a powder coating gun and will play with that at some stage (if I ever get time, these things have taken over my life!)

OP CIT, I am also curious about what you used to coat them to prevent tarnishing. I used a hard white wax to see if it would slow the tarnishing process.

No finish, they have been left "army", the slight tarnishing adds character and actually helps some of the "gold" plated parts to blend in better.

what shells 308 or 30/06

As stated in the title of the thread, they are .308 bullet pens, ie they use a .308 shell for the bottom part, as well as for the top part on some of the pens. I make similar pens with the 30-06 shells as well as with .270. They are both longer and tend not to need a centre band. I have also made pens with .303 British.

Last edited:

maxman400

They all look great! I know what you mean about taking over your life, I am trying to get 20 done for a local gun show that starts on the 18th of this month Ive got 4 done so far in 30.06.

BigShed

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Here is what the customer picked, and yes he took 10

1-2
1-3
1-5
2-2
2-3
2-4
2-5
3-1
3-2
3-3

The other 5 have now also been sold to another customer.

Top Bottom