Bullet Pen - 308 Caliber Dressed in Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Yesterday I made another kit-less bullet pen. This one is from a 308 cartridge with a 155.5 grain bullet.

It uses a cigar type 8mm transmission, the same clip/finial as the 8mm Mauser, and it has a Parker gel writer type refill. Yesterday's 8mm Mauser used a 7mm slimline transmission with a standard cross ball point refill.

The upper barrel is turned from deer antler. The amber colored spots are a few of the antler "wrinkles" that were inside the curved part of the horn. They are actually surface depressions instead of spots.

Here is a couple of standard views.
IMG_1663a.jpgIMG_1663b.jpg

The rest of these shots I was just trying to be different from my usual standard shots.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

IMG_1665.JPGIMG_1666.JPGIMG_1667.JPGIMG_1668.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Not seeing the photo's....and I really want too!

Scott (please retry) B

Should be OK now. Original photos were copy/pasted from Sawmillcreek.org and I didn't realize the small images would link to SMC. You were probably trying to see them while I was editing the post uploading the original photos.

SDB777

Should be OK now. Original photos were copy/pasted from Sawmillcreek.org and I didn't realize the small images would link to SMC. You were probably trying to see them while I was editing the post uploading the original photos.

Thanks! I see them now!

Always like the 'real cartridge' look. And the antler turned out very good also!

Scott (great fit-n-finish) B

bitshird

Nice work, but I think the Satin Pearl clip kind of clashes with the bright shiny brass casing, however this is just my unpolished opinion.

JD Combs Sr

Nice work, but I think the Satin Pearl clip kind of clashes with the bright shiny brass casing, however this is just my unpolished opinion.

It's actually chrome but I agree. It was the only one I had but I have since order some gold ones. They may coordinate a little better with the shinny brass.

Thanks for the critique, it confirmed my impression as well.

Top Bottom