Bullet Black Locus Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

this pen is made from a 243 shell casing and black locus. Black stripe clip.

2006116221026_4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

A friend asked me to make a bullet pen for him from a .243 casing and I had the same problem. The tube fits inside just fine, but the nib diameter is too big. He didn't like it after he saw it. 30 caliber casings are a perfect fit. I've used 308 and 30-06. The wood looks nice with it.

Spike

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />A friend asked me to make a bullet pen for him from a .243 casing and I had the same problem. The tube fits inside just fine, but the nib diameter is too big. He didn't like it after he saw it. 30 caliber casings are a perfect fit. I've used 308 and 30-06. The wood looks nice with it.
I made this one for a friend that provided me with the casing and the wood. he likes it. thanks for the sizes. i will try that next time

Good looking pen. The nib fits the 30 caliber casings. I think that there is some way to "stretch" the 243 casing so that it will fit some better. I think someone mentioned this was a tool that reloaders use.

mrcook4570

The 243 and 308 (as well as 260 and 7mm-08) are essentially the same case, just different neck diameters. I've used many 308 cases necked down to 243 in one of my rifles. A reloading press with a 30 caliber sizing die can stretch the 243 case to 30 caliber.

Spike

I have some more shell caseings coming my way in some of these sizes.thanks for all of the info. this was my first bullet pen and i do not know much about guns so i am learning alot. goes to show yah that in pen turning you learn more than just how to make a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom