10_zpsa3xucwfj.jpg

11_zpskoj4mmcz.jpg

DSC04231_zps7xzc2fxs.jpg

DSC04243_zps0e1r8hfd.jpg

DSC04240_zpsbvyviqxu.jpg

DSC04238_zpspkxj4na7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is an interesting looking pen, and very beautiful !!!!

Welcome to IAP !!!!! . I hope you will display more of your work and help us get to know you better !
Don't worry about your English ... we will figure it out !!! :)

jttheclockman

Love the pen and welcome to the site. Have a question for you. The indents just past the threads on the barrel section, what is that and why did you do that??? Also how did you do that?? Thanks and thanks for showing. Hope you stick around and show us more of your work.

Oh heck while we are at it, did you make the blank material and if not what is it and where did you get it?? Do not worry about your English, we will figure it out.

Last edited:

SteveG

Love the pen and welcome to the site. Have a question for you. The indents just past the threads on the barrel section, what is that and why did you do that??? Also how did you do that?? Thanks and thanks for showing. Hope you stick around and show us more of your work.

Oh heck while we are at it, did you make the blank material and if not what is it and where did you get it?? Do not worry about your English, we will figure it out.

My guess: ink window(s), only viewable with pen uncapped. Great design idea.

How? ......Verrrry carefully! :biggrin:

SteveG

najera...
Welcome!

Truly exceptional pen. Many exquisite design elements incorporated, and all done with top-notch workmanship. Nice work!

Is this a single pen of this design, or one of multiples of the same design, such as a limited production run?

stuckinohio

I assume the indents are ink windows also. They look great. I'm curious to know how to do it also. Maybe dremel?

The blank is great also. I love it!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful!!!

As the above comments said - Don't worry about your English or spelling - WE UNDERSTAND PENS, and you have posted a beauty.

Welcome to IAP. :)

lhowell

It's a beautifully designed and built pen :)

I'm curious to know how to do it also. Maybe dremel?

CNC (Najera has posted more details on the Fountain Pen Network)

I was about to say either CNC or I have seen a few sites sell setups for small routers/dremels that allow longitudinal grooves/windows to be made with an indexing lathe.

Beautiful work!!

najera

"indents" I can not understand
I guess you mean the ink window
i made a small cnc machine do this job

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 173

Pierre---

It seems you made every parts, including the piston, feed and even the nib. First time ever here I guess. I thought making a nib was only possible in big factories with sophisticated machines... Can you give more information about it, and about piston making?

This is really pen making, nothing to see with kit dressing! An absolute mastery, far ahead most of us around here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom