Bulb Filler in Tortoise...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgray

bgray

This is a bulb filler.

Since the barrel is a translucent material, you will see the ink through the barrel, and know when to refill...

3875202487_95385c2c04.jpg
3875992280_3460e251ec.jpg
3875992506_b5131f863d.jpg

Here's a video of a bulb filler being filled. Not this pen, but you get the idea as to how it fills.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SFUUx5bjd3E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SFUUx5bjd3E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I like the pen, Byran. I like all of your pens and what you are doing. I'm working on my first fountain pen made without kit parts. It is fun and challenging.

Do you make your clips or do you have a source for purchasing them? Sorry if you've answered this question before and I missed it. I look forward to your next creation. Keep inspiring us with your pens.... Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

bgray

I like the pen, Byran. I like all of your pens and what you are doing. I'm working on my first fountain pen made without kit parts. It is fun and challenging.

Do you make your clips or do you have a source for purchasing them? Sorry if you've answered this question before and I missed it. I look forward to your next creation. Keep inspiring us with your pens.... Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Clips are a pain. I can get clips, but minimums of 10,000 sometimes.

I visited a penmaker about 3-4 years ago, and he had a box of 2-3000 assorted clips. I bought them for a steal. These have been lasting me for a long while.

bgray

Wonderful Pen Bryan . Are you going to be carrying the bulb filler components in meisternibs ? .

Well, the only component needed to make a bulb filler is a sac, which is very easy to find. Any pen repair place will have them. Everything else is manufactured from the pen material.

Thanks for the comments!

cnirenberg

Brian,
She's a real beauty. I like the style/concept of the bulb filler and transparency of the pen itself. Together they are great combo.

Top Bottom