From Buffalo to Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

A Buffalo trinket from a Thrift store into a pen. I believe the wood is Desert Ironwood. The kit is the Cambridge Hybrid Sterling Silver and Gold from Woodcraft. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Buffalo-01.jpg
    Buffalo-01.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Buffalo-02.jpg
    Buffalo-02.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Buffalo-03.jpg
    Buffalo-03.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Buffalo-04.jpg
    Buffalo-04.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Buffalo-05.jpg
    Buffalo-05.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 287
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Very nice. That's a beauty.

Who would have thought that pen was hiding inside a trinket.

BTW: Thank you. That really opened my eyes as to the possibilities present all around me everyday.

louisbry

Great looking pen. I have some blanks from a carving myself but haven't turned them yet. You have given me new interest in doing just that.

cnirenberg

Great job. I have a few DI carvings that I have been eye-ing up for the same purpose. I have yet to try the thrift store as a source.

Papa mark

Great looking pen, good find. I actually picked up a set of fork and spoon the other day from Walmart that is "Natural Acacia" wood with great looking grain. I don't have it turned yet but I will post pics when I get them done. It just goes to show that there are many posibilities out there, all we have to do is see them.
Good job, Papamark

RAdams

Banned
NICE!

I wonder if everyone has some weird trinket waiting to made into a pen. I have a set of "ShiShi dogs"??? my brother sent me from Okinawa. I have been told they are made from red jade. I think they would make cool pens! My wife keeps stopping me every time i head for the shop with them!

Top Bottom