Buckeye Spring Blossom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SCR0LL3R

SCR0LL3R

This is my first Spring Blossom. I realize the top of the pen body is a hair oversized. :redface:

My little review of the kit for those who haven't tried it yet:

It's a very nice kit for the price. Seems like a very good value since the platings are platinum and gold titanium. The platinum isn't quite as smooth and the kit seems to be not quite as good in some areas as more expensive kits such as the Statesman but at $14 it's an great deal and has much better detail in the plating than say a Triton... (Comparing it to a kit of a similar price.)

The only real downside to this kit is the huge difference in wood thickness between the cap and the body. I would expect that this kit is ill-suited for most acrylics (maybe all) since you will definitely see a color difference between both pieces. Even though the outer diameter of this pen is massive, the inner brass tube on the body is under 9mm in diameter. The body's wood is in the area of 4 times the thickness of the cap's.

I'm certainly going to make more of these and am sure to keep 1 or 2 for my personal collection :biggrin:

Attachments

• buckeye-spring-blossom2-lr.jpg
    buckeye-spring-blossom2-lr.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 139
  • buckeye-spring-blossom3-lr.jpg
    buckeye-spring-blossom3-lr.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 194
  • buckeye-spring-blossom1-lr.jpg
    buckeye-spring-blossom1-lr.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 121
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

I have a couple of these on the way and can't wait. Great lookin pen and buckeye bury is my all time favorite. Great choice and nicely done.

Robert111

This is my first Spring Blossom. I realize the top of the pen body is a hair oversized. :redface:

My little review of the kit for those who haven't tried it yet:

It's a very nice kit for the price. Seems like a very good value since the platings are platinum and gold titanium. The platinum isn't quite as smooth and the kit seems to be not quite as good in some areas as more expensive kits such as the Statesman but at $14 it's an great deal and has much better detail in the plating than say a Triton... (Comparing it to a kit of a similar price.)

The only real downside to this kit is the huge difference in wood thickness between the cap and the body. I would expect that this kit is ill-suited for most acrylics (maybe all) since you will definitely see a color difference between both pieces. Even though the outer diameter of this pen is massive, the inner brass tube on the body is under 9mm in diameter. The body's wood is in the area of 4 times the thickness of the cap's.

I'm certainly going to make more of these and am sure to keep 1 or 2 for my personal collection :biggrin:

Excellent point!

Top Bottom